* Bonding with Babies, for children ages 6 to 23 months and their caregivers, is held at 10 a.m. each Tuesday. The 20-minute program encourages language enrichment through rhymes, songs and stories.
* Tales and Talk, for children ages 2 and 3 and their caregivers, is held at 11 a.m. each Wednesday.
* Fun Time, for ages 4 and 5, will be held at 11:30 a.m. each Wednesday.
Baby Brilliant programs include developmentally appropriate books, songs, rhymes, finger plays and other activities that will help children become successful readers.
* TeenXTreme Blackout Poetry Contest, will be held during the month of April. Teens can create a poem by eliminating or blacking-out unwanted words from newspaper and magazine articles, or book pages provided by the library. Three winners will be chosen from entries throughout Mahoning County and cash prizes will be awarded.
ADULT PROGRAMS and EVENTS
* Eat Dessert First Book Club, for all ages, will be held at 6 p.m. April 30. Participants will discuss the library's array of cookbooks, chat about new recipes and share ideas.
* Knitting Classes will be held from 10 to 11:30 a.m. May 12 and June 9. The class is free to members of the Friends of the Library. Non-members can attend the program for $10, which covers the cost of the classes and includes a membership to the Friends of the Library.