NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK
* Celebrate at 11:30 a.m. April 16 when Clifford the Big Red Dog makes an appearance at a special story time. Parents can bring their cameras to take pictures of their children with Clifford. The event is for children of all ages.
* Bonding with Babies, for children ages 6 to 23 months and their caregivers, is held at 10 a.m. each Tuesday. The 20-minute program encourages language enrichment through rymes, songs and stories.
* Tales and Talk, for children ages 2 and 3 and their caregivers, is held at 11 a.m. each Wednesday. On April 9 the program will include activities that help children learn about money. Each child will receive a piggy bank. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
* Fun Time, for ages 4 and 5, will be held at 11:30 a.m. each Wednesday. On April 9 the program will include activities that help children learn about money. Each child will receive a piggy bank. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Baby Brilliant programs include developmentally appropriate books, songs, rhymes, finger plays and other activities that will help children become successful readers.
* TeenXTreme Blackout Poetry Contest, will be held during the month of April. Teens can create a poem by eliminating or blacking-out unwanted words from newspaper and magazine articles, or book pages provided by the library. Three winners will be chosen from entries throughout Mahoning County and cash prizes will be awarded.
ADULT PROGRAMS and EVENTS
* Eat Dessert First Book Club, for all ages, will be held at 6 p.m. April 30. Participants will discuss the librarys array of cookbooks, chat about new recipes and share ideas.
* Page Turners Book Club will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. April 16.
* BIC: Creating a Business Plan will be held at 6 p.m. April 28. Participants will learn about writing and revising a business plan with a member of SCORE. The BIC librarian will introduce print and electronic sources.
* Friends of the Austintown Library will meet at 10 a.m. April 28. Historian Ralph Pfingsten will discuss the history of the Ravenna Arsenal.
* Knitting Classes will be held from 10 to 11:30 a.m. April 14, May 12 and June 9. The class is free to members of the Friends of the Library. Non-members can attend the program for $10, which covers the cost of the classes and includes a membership to the Friends of the Library.
* Blood pressure screening, provided by the Mahoning Chapter of the American Red Cross, will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 22.
* Nook for Newbies will be held at 6 p.m. April 22 and Kindle Klass will be held 6 p.m. April 15. Participants can bring their electronic device to the library for instruction on how to download eBooks from the librarys digital catalog. Adobe and email information is required. Space is limited. To register, call 330-744-8636.