Results for the AAC Red Division District championship held May 13 at Canfield:
• Boys long jump: Darius Patton, fourth; Nick Hlivak, sixth.
• Boys high jump: Nick Hlivak, fifth.
• Boys discus: Nick D’Angelo, second; Dan Kreatsoulas, fourth.
• Boys shot put: Nick D’Angelo, fifth; Dave Kreatsoulas, sixth.
• Boys 4x400 relay: Poland A (Brian Ciccone, Taylor Malaniak, Ryan Storkel, Luke Wollet), first.
• Boys 3200-meter run: Matt Gleydura, fourth; Kyle Filicky, seventh.
• Boys 800-meter run: Sean Murphy, first; Kevin Krumpak, third.
• Boys 300-meter hurdles: Dom Patton, second; Jerry Lawman, fourth.
• Boys 400-meter dash: Robert Balzano, first; Luke Wollet, second.
• Boys 4x100 relay: Poland A (John Medina, Anthony Marchionda, Dom Patton, Darius Patton), third.
• Boys 1600-meter run: Sean Murphy, first; Kyle Filicky, fifth.
• Boys 4x200 relay: Poland A (Brian Ciccone, Luke Wollet, Ryan Storkel, Robert Balzano), first.
• Boys 4x800 relay: Kevin Krumpak, Matt Gleydura, Kyle Filicky, Sean Murphy), first.
• Boys 200-meter dash: Robert Balzano, first; Brian Ciccone, third.
• Boys 100-Meter dash: Robert Balzano, second; Darius Patton, fourth.
On the girls side:
• Girls long jump: Mallory Magni, third; Leanne Wainio, fourth.
• Girls high jump: Stephanie Andrews, fourth; Leanne Wainio, sixth.
• Girls discus: Allison Rice, second; Julie Rice, eighth.
• Girls shot put: Allison Rice, third; Julie Rice, fourth.
• Girls 4x400 relay: Poland A (Mary Carchedi, Chandra Conzett, Rachel Robertson, Alyssa Shields), third.
• Girls 3200-meter run: McKinsie Klim, second; Libby Rogenski, fourth.
• Girls 800-meter run: Melissa Klim, third; Michelle Klim, seventh.
• Girls 300-meter hurdles: Mary Carchedi, second; Stephanie Andrews, sixth.
• Girls 400-meter dash: Chandra Conzett, second; Amyssa Shields, fifth.
• Girls 4x100 relay: Poland A (Stephanie Andrews, Amanda Molaskey, Mallory Magni, Carolyn Balzano), third.
• Girls 1600-meter run: McKinsie Klim-third; Libby Rogenski-fourth.
• Girls 4x200 relay: Poland A (Chandra Conzett, Amanda Molaskey, Alyssa Shields, Carolyn Balzano), first
• Girls 4x800 relay: Poland A (Libby Rogenski, Victoria Klim, Melissa Klim, McKinsie Klim), third.
• Girls 200-meter dash: Carolyn Balzano, third.
• Girls 100-meter hurdles: Stephanie Andrews, second; Mary Carchedi, sixth.
• Girls 100-meter dash: Carolyn Balzano, fifth.
Final team scores for the girls: Canfield, 134.50; Howland, 103; Poland Seminary, 81.5; Beaver Local, 7; Niles McKinley, 6.
For the boys team: Poland Seminary, 105; Canfield, 98; Howland, 88.50; Niles McKinley, 30.50; Beaver Local, 10.
Photo by J.T. Whitehouse, Town Crier
At the AAC Red Tier District meet last week, Poland junior Stephanie Andrews had to fight hard for first in the girls 100-meter hurdles as she tried to stay ahead of Howland’s Micaela Marino. In the preliminaries, Andrews took the win against Marino by one second. During the finals, Marino caught Andrews at the finish line, forcing the officials to review film to determine who actually crossed the line first. After minutes of deliberation, the officials awarded first place to Marino. Both runners were credited with a time of 15.97.