| || |
Dog days of summer
May 24, 2010 - Kathleen Palumbo
We all know summer is nearly here…you can almost feel the excitement in the air as schools close, pools open, and spirits seem to rise right along with the temperature.
I’ve even noticed the difference in my dog. It got me thinking about what changes for her when the thermometer spikes, and this, in what I believe would be her words, is what I came up with:
* Chipmunks and bunnies everywhere! You know how I love those rapid-fire wildlife runs after the real deal. No offense, but the ones with the squeakers just don’t compare.
* The pool is open, and that means picnics, which mean people eating, which means people dropping picnic food…you can see where I’m going with this.
* I can look out the storm doors. Even when I can’t be outside, I can…wait…LOOK! THERE’S THE MAILMAN…and…LOOK…THERE’S MY FAVORITE NEIGHBOR, LAURA…and…HEY, I’VE NEVER SEEN THAT DOG BEFORE…now this is what I think they call a dogs eye view.
* Mom walks me more. This one we agree on. If the weatherman mentions a low number, we just don’t feel much like venturing out.
* All my neighborhood kids are outside…all the time, and they all love me. But then, what’s not to love? No, really, what’s not to love?
I could go on and on, but I've gotta go, it’s time for the mailman!
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web
Hmmm...where's that mailman?