| || |
Happy Birthday Ivy
September 17, 2011 - Kathleen Palumbo
Miss Ivy turned 13 this week. Following a few months of health issues, many worry-filled nights and thankfully, a turn for the better, I was happy to provide a little fanfare.
Having spent much time recently contemplating the life of my four-legged, furry little comedian, I realized that the attitude of an aging dog appears to mirror that of an elderly human. Think about it…at 13 for her, (or 91ish in human years), don’t you think the following would apply?
- If you sometimes want to lie around all day – and I mean ALL day – who’s stopping you?
- If the only way you can snore like a monster truck is to forgo sleeping with a family member – so be it.
- Of course I’ve put on a few pounds…sometimes I lay around ALL day!
- Go out in the rain? Are you serious?
- When you gotta go…you gotta go.
What did Ivy's birthday fanfare include? A nice long walk with no mailbox restrictions, a new polar fleece (those aging hips of hers are going to need to walk even during the cold Ohio winter), a squeaky toy, and a miniature cupcake. Did she enjoy it? See for yourself.
Happy Birthday Ivy…and many moooooore.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web
What? A cupcake just for me? And it's just my size!